Stale Content Alert!
This post was written a long time ago, and my views have almost certainly evolved since then. Please keep that in mind while reading, commenting, or sharing.
There have been a number of minor thoughts buzzing around my head like gnats lately. They are bothersome and they take up otherwise useful space in my brain, so as an attempt to reclaim some territory, here are some minor thoughts from my head, in no particular order:
(Please excuse the whiny/negative nature of many of these thoughts. Like I said, they’re mostly the gnats that are bothering me– the good things, oddly enough, tend not to bother me much. There may be some neutral or positive points in here, though. I make no guarantees whatsoever.)
- I’ve applied for a job on-campus. Will I actually be able to work a job, do homework, and keep my sanity?
- Just where in my room in Milwaukie could my box of Magic cards be hiding? Surely, I wouldn’t have gotten rid of them… and if I did, how do I undo that?
- Will I ever drink all of this tea in my room?
- Just what am I going to do with my life, anyway?
- Telling someone “I’d really like to get to know you better” is awkward. Doubly so when you’ve already been awkwardly acting like you two are acquaintances even though you’ve only met once before.
- I haven’t had an adventure in far too long.
- I haven’t drawn in far too long.
- I haven’t written in far too long.
- Jack of all trades, master of none. I feel as though I dabble in so much and yet when it gets right down to it, I’m no pro at any of it. Photography, drawing, acting, writing. This is disheartening, but also kind of inspirational as well.
- Every so often, I worry that I’m not an academic in the slightest.
- I suppose I have too much stuff. Maybe I should pare that down sometime in 2010.
- I should work out.
- I should go to the rock climbing wall.
- There are significant portions of this campus that I haven’t yet explored. I feel like I’m some sort of impostor for that.
- I now use fabric softener sheets regularly when I’m doing my laundry. I’m slightly disappointed in myself for that, since there’s really no reason to. Non-softened laundry still feels nice… and yet…
- I am becoming a consumerist, and I’m not very happy about it.
- My bike lock becomes more bothersome every time I use it. The last time I tried to unlock it, no matter how I jiggled the key or twisted the lock, I could not turn the key all the way to open the damn thing.
- I’m playing Goldilocks with my new houseplant. I can’t tell if I’m watering it too little, too much, or just right.
- Having a candy bowl is an excellent way to get rid of the massive amounts of candy I somehow acquired in the last six months.
- Spring break can’t come fast enough. I won’t have seen Michelle for two and a half months come break… I really miss her.
- I don’t think I’ve said “thank you” enough to anyone.