My new camera lens–the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, affectionately dubbed the “Nifty Fifty”–arrived today, and I wanted to share a photo I took with it. Also, I made some really tasty tea yesterday. So the photo’s above, and the tea recipe is below.
- 6 bags chai tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 cups cold water
- Place the teabags in a two-quart pitcher. Pour the boiling water over them and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- After the tea has steeped, remove and discard all teabags. Stir in the sugar.
- When the sugar has dissolved completely, add the cold water. Stir again.
- Let the tea cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
- I used three bags of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea and three bags of Stash chai in order to preserve the spicy flavor but also cut down on the caffeine, since my girlfriend tries to minimize her caffeine consumption. Honestly, though, any tea will do. This is not a picky recipe.